InfoEd Global’s SPIN provides a comprehensive view into the realm of research grants, fellowships, training opportunities and various other funding mechanisms. Over 40,000 distinct opportunities from 10,000+ sponsors are covered, making SPIN the single largest repository of funding information, and the most effective means of identifying the sources of support for your next project.
GAINING ACCESS TO SEARCH SPIN:
1. Visit http://www.infoedglobal.com
2. Select “SPIN” from the Client Login section. If you are on a registered IP address (at RISD), and do not want to sign in, you can now run searches on any text or keyword. You can also apply filters using the bar along the top for more advanced searches.
NOTE: Remote users, accessing SPIN from off-site or from a non-registered IP address, must enter their personal Login Name and Password, which you will need to set up if you don’t already have one (see 3. below).
3. To create a profile in SPIN to receive email alerts about funding opportunities, save searches, or customize your search filters, you will need to create an account. In order to create a new account go to the link below and input all requested fields of information: https://spin.infoedglobal.com/Authorize/ModifyProfile
5. After clicking, Save, you will receive an email confirming the submission of your request to your institution’s SPIN administrator.
6. Once your institution’s SPIN administrator approves your request, you will receive an email confirming your account has been approved. Please click the Set Password link to set your unique password.
7. Once completed you will be able to sign in and access functionality such as Saving Searches and activating SMARTS notifications.
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL LINKS:
* Help / SPIN training videos